Tuesday 3 January 2012

First Day Back

Well today was the first day back for us! And boy was it exhausting to be in school all day! However, I was loving the Teacher-Librarian portion of my position today. There's nothing like the feeling of helping your fellow teachers and today I was able to do that!  It's also a great feeling to be "needed"!  I have lists of what topics teachers are covering, their reading needs, plans in the works for author studies and research stations, ideas for motivating readers and a to-do list to tackle. So all in all, I'm one happy teacher.

As for the afternoon, math went well and the kids loved the new math fact practice game I found from another blogger that I've been stalking. We're doing activities with the number 12 this week to welcome 2012 and the kids can't wait for stations to begin!!!!!  (They were disappointed that we didn't start today and even more so when I told them we won't start until Thursday - I want to take some time to review station protocol and the activities before we dive in. I LOVE that they are so into the stations!) 

The downfall to being back to school...not enough time to read other blogs and get great ideas for my kiddos!  I feel like I'm missing out on all the great things happening in the online world while I'm school!  Oh well, that's why we have evenings and weekends!

Happy Tuesday to all! Enjoy the rest of your evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment